Kids on The Rise is seeking applicants for a Summer Program Assistant. The position will be part-time (10 – 20 hours/week) and seasonal (10 – 12 weeks). Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Summer Program Assistant will develop and implement engaging summer programs for school-aged children and their mentors. This position will develop program schedules, create transportation plans, collect and manage data to ensure grant requirements are being met, and act as a positive role model for students. The ideal candidate must be truly passionate about impacting the lives of young people in a supportive and engaging environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Create a summer program schedule to include a diverse array of experiences to strengthen student/mentor relationships and broaden students’ worldviews
- Facilitate all necessary arrangements with instructors and organizations to plan activities
- Communicate plans with mentors, students, and/or parents and track engagement
- Ensure all necessary permission forms and releases are on file for participants
- Follow all Kids On The Rise program policies and ensure students and mentors contribute to a safe, inclusive and positive environment
- Attend all activities and events as scheduled
- Create content for media outreach and social media content
- Develop and manage a program budget
- Track and report any requirements related to grant funding
- Build relationships with mentors, volunteers, businesses, community leaders and students
- Assist ED and Assistant Director with tasks as needed
Education and Experience
Minimum education of a high school diploma or GED. Some college or technical education preferred. Candidates should have volunteer or work experience with children and youth, ideally with activity planning responsibilities.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter.
- Knowledge and experience in working with youth from diverse backgrounds
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and work ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge and command of Microsoft Office and Google Office
- Availability to attend evening and weekend activities
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.