Dana Incorporated is a world leader in the supply of axles, drive shafts, off-highway transmissions, sealing and thermal-management products, and genuine service parts. The company’s customer base includes nearly every major vehicle manufacturer in the global automotive, commercial vehicle, and off-highway markets. Based in Maumee, Ohio, the company employs approximately 23,000 people in 26 countries.
Dana Corporation is seeking to fill the position of Senior Materials Planner at their Crossville, Tennessee, Distribution facility.
The Sr. Materials Planner will work in a heavy industrial automotive environment and the off highway environment. The emphasis is part availability (customer fill rate) and supplier performance with minimum inventory investment and maximum customer service levels. This function supports Spicer Service Parts for Dana’s aftermarket business. Appropriate inventory strategies need be implemented to support a pre-defined customer service level with the minimum amount of inventory.
· Analyze material requirements and initiate appropriate vendor material release schedules.
· Monitor customer past dues to ensure the best customer service.
· Maintain inventory levels to ensure an uninterrupted supply of material while at the same time operating within established ordering rule constraints.
· Maintain inventory to hit established inventory targets and fill rates.
· Analyze and report significant vendor delivery problems to department manager and DGP.
· Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with supplier contacts through frequent phone contact and plant visitations
· Continuously monitor ongoing material requirements versus availability, supplier delivery to schedule, net changes and material rejection or loss.
· Coordinate shipments from suppliers to minimize freight costs.
· Communicate material availability information as required to master customer service, sales and plant production.
· Identify unresolved problems and communicate to Dana Global Purchasing.
· Maintain records of material at outside subcontractors or obligation material at vendors.
· Develop, review, and update inventory standards, ordering rules, vendor information and lead times to most efficiently order and manage inventory and measure supplier performance.
· Review excess and obsolete inventories and provide to management recommendations for disposition.
· Participate in implementation of engineering changes and new model introductions. Monitor the status of new part PPAP.
· Coordinate the phase in of new suppliers or re-sourcing programs.
· Identify quantity and plan any special banks for vendor protection, new model phase-in, special safety stocks, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
· Bachelor degree in business or engineering preferred.
· 3-5 years materials/logistics experience required
· 1-3 years in an Operations Mgt. related field experience preferred
· ERP experience a must and APICS training a plus. SAP Preferred
· Good working knowledge of material flow and inventory control.
· Knowledge of ERP, MRP theories and procedures, and Lean Manufacturing preferred.
· Knowledge of concepts and application of materials requirements and inventory planning.
· General understanding of manufacturing activities and shop floor control.
· Understanding of systems functions and transactions.
· Must have excellent computer skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft® Office Suite.
· Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and must be capable of professionally interacting with an international customer base.
· Must be proactive, detail oriented and have excellent organization, planning and follow-through skills.
· Committed to tasks and skilled at identifying and solving a variety of problems of broad scope and complexity with little to no supervision.
· Must be able to work flexible hours.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.